Monday, May 4, 2009

Our Nation's Capital

This weekend we had a short sojourn to Canberra. It was my brother's 30th and also my sister would be in town. She'd given my The Best Job Ever a fortnight ago - a wad of cash, a list and basically let me go nuts furnishing her new house! So I shopped, I crammed the car full of homeware goodies, and we headed to Canberra to have some fun.

Our 'one show only' night in town was fun - cold, but fun. The following morning Tim wanted to get up early to get some snaps prior to breakfast so I went along too to get used to the new camera.

The trees this time of year are spectacular and it was a cold, crisp and sunny morning.


Old Parliament House, from across the lake.


A bridge. I was attempting Art.


A cycle rack, and more attempted Art.


This was the underside of one of the buildings. I think Canberra council may have been attempting Art.


Ah pretty trees!

Next stop was new Parliament House...

No comments: