Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Congraduations!

I have just submitted my final essay of my Masters degree. Like, half an hour ago I hit 'send'. It feels a little surreal - I have spent the last five years studying (first my undergrad in social work and now the masters). I am not entirely sure why I am still sitting near a computer and typing because for the last few weeks I have been swearing that the second I am done my mac is getting thrown on a celebration bonfire, along with all my text books, notes and papers. Hurrah!

And now...a whole summer of freedom! No, wait - a whole forever of freedom! (although I am considering studying next year but unsure exactly about the finer details as yet). I hardly know what to do with myself, although I am fairly sure it will involve lots of reading of trash, lots of afternoon wines, lots of cooking and eating outdoors summer picnic style, hopefully some swimming, some home renos (painting, I think, and perhaps some gardening), and...well...anything I darn well like!

My first dream, though, and the thing I am going to do right now, is to scrub my house from top to bottom. That, and then get liquored. Hurrah!

No comments: