Saturday, November 22, 2008

Average 30

Just back from afternoonies (or matinee drinks, my preferred term!) at Jimbo's house - a friend who has recently returned from a stint in Darwin. During it we were lamenting the lack of fancy dress parties in our lives (one of the guys there, Evan, is going to a 'Come as You Were' party. You have to get a picture of yourself from the past and reenact it - and bring the picture along to compare your success!).

Evan and I share the same birthday - February 1st - so we have decided to celebrate it this year with a fancy dress affair. I'll be turning 31 and he 29 - so we're calling it an 'Average 30th'. The theme jury is still out although it's looking like 'Heroes and Villains' will be the most likely (although Jacs, for some reason, seems obsessed with having an 'Australian Icons' party, which we may go with due to our birthday's proximity to Australia Day).

Anyhoo home now, and looking forward to my first weekend in after finishing school (I had to go home two weekends ago and then hit the mountains last week). I have a Hot Date lined up with the couch, a bottle of wine, and the quarterly essay which I will feel no guilt whatsoever reading as I have no outstanding uni work ever again!

Off to a Spanish themed (flamenco dancing, tapas and cervesas) engagement party tomorrow - it's a harbour cruise affair so hopefully the weather won't replicate today's. We'd wind, hail, sun, overcast, rain, you name it all day. But then, if I'm liquored Spanish style, I don't suppose it matters what the weather is like.

No comments: