Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Many mushies pasta

For my birthday, Tim bought me a pasta maker. It is heavenly. It's stainless steel, shiny, solid and a beautiful piece of machinery. It also requires levels of patience that I do not have and sadly were not included in the box. I can stand and stare at it for ages, but when it comes to neatly rolling pasta...aaarrrgggggh!!!! So my job has become to make the dough and patient, calm Tim is the roller of pasta. I have managed lasagne sheets (not without cussing) but to be honest anything more is probably not feasible if a) we want home made nice looking pasta and b) we want to keep the machine in one piece.

So. Following a trip to my new best markets, we had a mountain of mushies (wild pine, those long little ones, swiss brown, those weird white ones, oysters and a few others) with which to make a delicious feast. These little guys are my fave. I reckon you could live under these. But only if they were pink and spotted.



The mushies we cooked really simply, with butter, garlic and thyme from the herb garden, and some stock right at the end. The pasta making happened thanks to Tim:







Isn't it dreamy? There was actually enough pasta for 18 people (I love carbs, but even I have my limits) so the mushies were slightly lost, but the ample wine consumed during the evening of preparation made me completely unconcerned.

No comments: