Thursday, April 3, 2008

Decisions, decisions

I've had the craziest job-karma week ever. Last Thursday (day of Cuban Spectacular which, incidentally, was fabulous! Mojitos, Cuban marinated pork with papaya and mango salsa, cowboy beans and rice) I was told that I was successful in an interview I'd gone for a few weeks ago. Surprisingly, cos I sucked. Then, on Friday, I was called by a colleague of mine who'd recommended me to another government department which was now offering me a secondment. Then, my current manager lets me know that there are going to be a lot of opportunities coming up in my current team and implies it'd be a good idea to stay...aaaarrrrgh!!!! So I have no idea what to do. I have been thinking about it for a week now and am no clearer as to the answer. On the plus side, the external job is ruled out - but that leaves me having to choose between a new, higher paid, management job that I may not like miles away from my current convenient office, or sticking with job I know and love and is still well paid but with no guarantee of future promotions. Any suggestions? Cos I'm no good at deciding myself, obviously!

Other than this, nothing fabulous is going on. Something delicious, though - cucumber dill pickles, made from my mum's home grown cucumbers. She left some here after Easter and not being able to eat a cucumber the size of my forearm (and I'm not slight!) I had no choice but to pickle them. Mmm mmm, cucumber pickles, my best thing.



I love them with soft cheese, and as you can see I now have ten million jars of the things! They'll get dumped at various work functions and mates houses over the next few weeks, so all for a worthy cause.

Out tonight with the girls from the netball team (the one that came 2nd) for dinner and drinks, hurrah! Meeting my mate Sarah tomorrow for Korean steam boat and catch ups and then the rest of the weekend is fairly quiet. There's a food market on at Pyrmont that I've been meaning to go to forever so fingers crossed I actually make it this month!

No comments: