Sunday, June 22, 2008

Choc chip cookies for a winter picnic



This weekend has been spectacular weather wise, so Jacs, Loz and I went down to Glebe Point for an impromptu afternoon tea picnic. We got about two hours out of the winter sun, and although it means my floors are unwashed, bathroom unscrubbed and laundry not yet dried it was worth it.

I made choc chip bikkies to take, primarily cos I had the ingredients on hand. The were quick, easy and delicious - crispy on the outside and chewy and soft on the inside. And the chocolate was still melty, dreamy! We ate 11 of them between us, and I make hearty sized cookies! Jacs brought some cheeses and Loz wine, and it was a lovely afternoon.

Last night I went to a 30-and-a-half birthday party. Phil and I tried to find a new and delicious short drink - tequila and dry was our first attempt (it was OK) and the barman then advised to try tequila and squash, which was actually quite nice. Like, 6 or so of them nice! There was also Jagermeister at one point. Ah Saturday. Not feeling too badly for it today, however needless to say the above mentioned chores remain undone.

I'm off to dinner at a friend's house tonight and there's still half of the cookie batter left in the fridge (it made loads!) so I suspect that'll be our dessert...yummo!

No comments: