Monday, March 17, 2008

There's no prize for second place



Netball grand final this evening, and as you may suspect from the title - we lost (although I told a bit of a lie - we got trophies, chocolates and vino, so there was a wee prize for 2nd!). By about 11 or 12, can't remember which. Having said that it was a good game - which was unexpected as the team we played against are notorious for being rough and unfair players. I have to say though, the umpires were on the ball and it was a really fair game...which is a pity, cos I'd like to feel that we were robbed! The team that lost to us last week - and came third overall - came down to support us (or not support the other team might be more accurate!). So they rocked up with beers and snacks and cheered us on - it was tops having a fan base for the first and probably last time ever!

Our team has only been playing together for two seasons now, and we're not too bad (I should point out that we came 2nd in Division 4 so we're hardly Australian champs or anything!). Most of our team are young mothers, and we all only met each other when we started playing, so all things considered we're doing quite well. We came about third or fourth last time (again in the lowest division!) and didn't win a trophy - so our captain had them made for us, god love her! It's tops that tonight we got them in a real presentation and everything! Mind, I'm not that enamoured with trophies and it'll be lucky if it makes it past my spring clean.

I would also like to share with you my Easter Tree, as named by Jacs! I found some very cool plants on the way home the other day - they're hard to explain, the but the leaves are kinda joined to the top like a spiral. As it happens I have them placed next to my Easter Egg nest (well, a lady needs her choccy!) and voila, an instant Easter Tree!

No comments: