Saturday, July 12, 2008

Piggy choccy treats - Bacolate Bikkies

Today was my first day back at uni after a six month break. I'm doing my Masters by correspondence, and I'd forgotten the joys of a reading filled Saturday. My house is cold at the best of times, but today found me huddled over the computer, with twenty layers of clothing on, a knee rug and a hot water bottle under my feet. And I get to do it all again tomorrow. With pneumonia.

Luckily, I just had a delicious interlude at Loz's (who fortunately owns a heater). Went over for dinner - she had an abundance of rock salt so made the Jamie Oliver chicken in salt with fennel and lemon. We ate it with potatoes au gratin (which I always think of as potatoes au Aoife, after a mate in Ireland who always made them). There had been some discussion early in the week about...wait for it...choc chip and bacon bikkies. Los had seen a blog that had talked about them (and who doesn't like to discuss bacon?), and it had said that they were delicious. So... here they are.

One of these biscuits is doing its own thing, one of these biscuits is not the same...





For those people who were never good at Sesame Street games, the top one is bacon-y and the bottom normal. They both look the same, really - melty chocolate and scary butter laden trays. The bacolate biscuits were alright. I mean, I ate one. But then I'd eat Satan. It wasn't the worst ever and if one was really hungry it would probably be great. But the good ol' fashioned choccy ones suited me a hellava lot more.

Anyhoo, another day at school tomorrow so it's the hay for me (and I was up in the fives this morning at the flower markets, so I totally need my snoozes). Too much adventurous eating has tuckered me out!

No comments: