Friday, July 18, 2008

Pumpkin and poppies

For our team meeting this month I thought I'd continue on the bread theme. Trying to forget about the zucchini and fetta disaster of the weekend (it had the texture of porridge) I thought I'd give pumpkin bread a go. I didn't expect much - the dough was really moist and I was anticipating another porridge-y nightmare, but it actually turned out OK. Rather sconey in texture (mainly cos it was too wet to knead much I think!). Went down a treat at work (although I wolfed into the passionfruit melting moments my boss brought along).



I wish I was a better photographer (not that I'm going to do anything about it, mind) cos the poppies I bought at the markets last weekend are just beautiful and this does not do them justice. They are sweetly fragile and delicate and they take my breath away. I also like playing guessing games as to what colour will pop out when the funny shell falls off (I'm not doing very well so far).

No comments: